This month’s family time topic from the “Sky Ranch Family Devotional: Follow the Leader” is on “Jesus brings you love and peace“ and the weekly discussion is on “Jesus gives peace and it is better.“
This week in your family time, I would encourage you to prepare by praying for your family and asking God to help your family understand better the peace that God is talking about in scripture. Pray for God’s help as you lead the discussion on the differences between His peace and the peace that the world offers.
Do you have questions or need prayer for your family? Email me at SkyMoms@skyranch.org.
I will be praying for you!
Stacy A. Davis
Sky Ranch Family Devotionals and
Teach Intentionally Author
This week we are in the 5th Topic and 25th Family Time (or page 50 ) of the Sky Ranch Family Devotional “Follow the Leader”…
Family Time 25:
Topic 5: Jesus brings you love and peace…Jesus gives peace and it is better
Talk with God: Read… Scriptures and questions below.
John 14:27 (Jesus is speaking) "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.”
- In John 14:27, is Jesus’ peace the same as the world’s peace?
- In John 14:27, how will your heart respond to Jesus’ peace?
John 16:33 "These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world."
- In John 16:33, what can you have in the midst of tribulation?
Philippians 4:7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, shall guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
- In Phil. 4:7, is God’s peace something that we can understand?
- In Phil 4:7, what does it guard?
Walk with God: Discuss… A big topic today is world peace. Everyone wants the fighting to stop. But is that what Jesus is talking about in these passages? How is Jesus’ peace different from worldly peace?
Prayer suggestion… Pray for God to help you understand His peace.
Family Time 25:
- It isn’t troubled or fearful
- Courage and peace
- No, it surpasses all comprehension (it doesn’t make sense)
- Your heart and mind
- Discussion ideas: Jesus’ peace is a peace that you are given by God’s Spirit in the midst of the chaos and fighting. It is a peace that does not make sense based on the circumstances. It also only comes from God and you cannot create it yourself. World peace would be nice but God’s peace is better. Have you seen this peace in your life? How has the peace that Jesus gives helped you in your life?
© 2012 Stacy A. Davis, Inc. All rights reserved.