This month’s family time topic from the “Sky Ranch Family Devotional: Follow the Leader” is on “Believe in Jesus“ and the weekly discussion is on “Believe Jesus and be saved by faith.“
This week in your family time, I would encourage you to prepare by praying for your family and asking God to help your family understand that your life changes when you are in a relationship with Jesus. Pray for God to help you explain living life of faith and belief to your family.
Do you have questions or need prayer for your family? Email me at SkyMoms@skyranch.org.
I will be praying for you!
Stacy A. Davis
Sky Ranch Family Devotionals and
Teach Intentionally Author
This week we are in the 7th Topic and 34th Family Time (or page 66) of the Sky Ranch Family Devotional “Follow the Leader”…
Family Time 34:
Topic 7: Believe in Jesus…Believe Jesus and be saved by faith
Talk with God: Read… Scriptures and questions below.
John 5:46 (Jesus is speaking) 46 "For if you believed Moses, you would believe Me; for he wrote of Me. 47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?"
- In John 5:46, What does Jesus want you to believe?
John 17:20 (Jesus is praying) "I do not ask in behalf of these alone, but for those also who believe in Me through their word; 21 that they may all be one; even as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You, that they also may be in Us; that the world may believe that You did send Me.”
- In John 17:20-21, what does Jesus want you to believe?
John 6:29 Jesus answered and said to them, "This is the work of God, that you believe in Him whom He has sent.”
- In John 6:29, what is your work?
Ephesians 2:8 (This is about faith in Jesus) For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, [it is] the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, that no one should boast…
- In Eph 2:8, can works save you?
Walk with God: Discuss… Jesus says to believe His Words, believe that He was sent by God, and believe in Him. When you believe Jesus, what is the result?
Prayer suggestion… Pray for God’s help with understanding Jesus’ teachings.
Family Time 34:
- Believe Jesus and His Words
- Believe in Him and that God sent Him
- To believe in Jesus whom God sent
- Discussion ideas: Believing what Jesus said means believing in Him leads to abundant life and eternal life. Believing Jesus results in salvation from sin and death. Believing in Jesus results in a changed lifestyle because of the indwelling Holy Spirit. And notice all of this is a gift so that you can’t boast and claim that you earned it by “works.” How is the work of believing Jesus different from “works?”
© 2012 Stacy A. Davis, Inc. All rights reserved.