Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Prayer Encouragement & SkyMoms Retreat: "Listen and Do-Post Retreat" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier



Listen and Do-Post Retreat
But don't just listen to God's word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves.
James 1:22

What an amazing time we had gathering this weekend for the first EVER Sky Moms Retreat.
We were blessed exceedingly and abundantly with gorgeous weather, great food, fun friends, beautiful music, hip and trendy décor, turquoise, orange, chevron, gumballs, scripture art, and outdoor activities!
It was as close to a resort experience at a camp that you could get! That is how I explained it to my family who could not wait to hear all about it.
I can take in all of that and enjoy it, take notes on the décor, call friends I was with or friend the new ones I met on Facebook and connect occasionally, and do the zip line next year that I put off doing this year as my fear of heights went with me to the retreat and I took it home with me as well.
If I do any of the above, great.   Richness is most definitely added to my life.
Friends are God’s gift to me.  I want to respond to them and cannot imagine not doing so.
However, there is a command in the Word that tells us to not just listen to the Word, but do what it says.
As I reflected on the weekend, we took in so much truth from such amazing men and women of God. They generously shared with us from their storehouse of treasure.  They took God’s Word and rightly applied it, to teach us and encourage us as we teach and train those God has entrusted to us…our children.
If you came to the retreat and had an amazing experience….our prayers were answered.
If you came to the retreat and met a new friend….our prayers were answered.
If you came to the retreat and felt warm and cozy….our prayers were answered.
If you responded to the truth of the gospel, and accepted Jesus Christ as Your Lord and Savior…
Our number one prayer from the very day this retreat got wings….WAS ANSWERED!
If that was you, would you reach out to one of us please?
We want to help you get connected in a local church if you do not have one so you can be discipled so that you can grow in the truth and knowledge of who Jesus Christ is and what it means to follow Him.  We want to follow up with you as you learn what it means to follow Him.
Many of us there knew Jesus Christ as our personal Lord and Savior.
For those who knew Him before and those who just met Him this weekend.
We GET to respond together.
When I think about all of the truth I heard, it sort of overwhelms me.
However, as Lisa encouraged us, take one truth, pray over it, and take one step of obedience in that direction.  That is called, responding to the truth.  Apply it to your life.
Grow in it, train in it, and exercise your faith in growing in it.
Then go to the next truth we heard, and do the same with it.
Let’s Pray God’s Word:
Dear Lord, Your Word says that we aren’t supposed to just listen to Your Word, but do what it says.
Father, we heard so much truth from Your Word this weekend.
Help us to be moms that are not always learning, but never applying.
We want to be responders.
We want to be doers of the Word.
Keep us far from fooling ourselves and those around us.
Help us to be MOMS that respond as we become clothed in strength and dignity with the beauty of the truth we heard this weekend!
AMEN!
~Terrie Chevaillier


No comments:

Post a Comment