Friday, February 14, 2014

Tori's SkyMoms Tips....Do you have scrappy mismatched pieces? Be encouraged this Valentines Day!




I came straight home from the Sky Ranch SkyMoms retreat and knew I needed to make a specific prayer quilt for me to use daily during my time with the Lord … Full of scrappy fabrics representing so much in my life right now and use the key verse 
"she is clothed with strength and dignity and laughs without fear of the future" 
Proverbs 31:25
Right now this quilt is such great symbolism for the season of life I am in... laying down all the mix matched/messed up pieces - sewing them all together knowing The Lord is in control and can bring all the "scraps of our lives" together to make a beautiful story.  

Blessings, 
Tori

After I posted this picture and comment on Instgram and Facebook I got the sweetest response from a special SkyMom.....

"I have come to the realization that the life as I have known it (I have been so blessed by this world's standards with many lovely things, homes, vacations, clothes, etc...and NEVER want to not be greatful for those things) is dismantaling...I have a ton of fears...insurance, income, ect...but I also feel God's peace in it all and keep seeing His hand. I have said to my mom many times "I just want to walk this out with integrity and dignity". So as you can see that verse really spoke to me. Many days I feel too small and weak against the forces I am up against...and He will give me STRENGTH. I want to honor God in even the most difficult of circumstances and He will give meDIGNITY. And I do get stressed and worried about the days ahead on my own and He will give me laughter (which i haven't had for years) without fear of our future.
So you see my friend, I am also person with many scrappy, missmatched, pieces. But today God chose to speak to me in a language that (as a quilter myself), I WOULD UNDERSTAND!! For the first time I have excitement about the wonderful pattern that God is going to make out of my life. I wish I could go back and recut the pieces of the last 20+ yrs. but I can't. So now I need to lay them down and let Him make the design...which is VERY HARD for a type A, likes to be in control and organized, likes to know the plan, likes to be put together, likes to not have drama in my life and draw attention to myself, wants to honor God -person!!!!!!!"
 Love, 
An Anonymous Sweet Sky Ranch SkyMom Prayer Warrior






No comments:

Post a Comment