Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Prayer Encouragement: "Encouraging Moms!" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier


Encouraging Moms!

Let is not give up meeting together as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another -and all the more as you see the Day approaching.
Hebrews 10:25

I have not met a mom lately that confesses to not having any parenting struggles.  In fact, I have heard many lately say they need help.
And that ties into this scripture.  In regards to the  phrase "all the more", I think those three words give explanation to today's world in which we are parenting.  Peers, media, social networking, competition, and the list goes on, make our job as parenting fall into the season of "all the more"
I believe it means many need encouragement today.
Let's pray God's Word:

Thank you Lord for Sky Ranch and SkyMoms as this encourages my parenting toward Christ likeness in my children.

We are living in an all the more season of life right now as many things both good and bad threaten to take us off track as we teach and train our children.
Please lead us to green pastures of life giving encouragement where other moms or churches or groups can encourage us. Let us not forget that your Word offers everything we need to parent in this world. Help us to meet together and find places that equip us and strengthen us to parent according to Your Word. If this would mean opening my home for a mom's prayer group or leading a parenting class at my church, help me to be sensitive to that call.

I pray that You would help me grow in encouragement to other moms instead of falling into the trap of pride or insecurity as I listen to other mom's struggles or victories and compare. I am called to build up and encourage and not compare and become prideful in my children's growth when another mom is struggling. Holy Spirit lead me to give truth instead of boasting or comparing. We all need help right now and none of us are perfect or have children who are perfect.  Help to understand and grow and allow our life giving words of encouragement to sanctify us as parents that would then parent children with love and grace. We need encouragement and not condemnation from others. Protect us as we go about the task of parenting from hurtful comments by others and from hurtful words that might come out of our own mouths to another mom.  We look to You for life giving grace, mercy, truth and love.

Amen

~Terrie Chevaillier

No comments:

Post a Comment