Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Prayer Encouragement: "Grace for 2013-14!" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier


Grace for 2013-14!

For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God— not by works, so that no one can boast.  For we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do Ephesians 2:8-10
This summer, God did a work in me in regards to this verse.   For some time, I knew it and believed it, however I had the experience to live it this summer.  For the first time in my Christian life I had victory over an extended period of time of actually receiving His grace daily.
I am thankful I received His grace for salvation in eternity years ago and that truth has been written on my heart for some time now.  But, grace for salvation today hadn’t really made its way deep down into the depths of my heart until recently.
 It changed the way I prayed, it changed the way I parented and it changed the way I looked for a solution to a problem.
I know that I cannot work my way into heaven…it is only God’s grace and love that I receive by faith that get me there.  He’s done it all.  I did nothing.
But how about God’s grace for today in the way I parent and shepherd my children.  I don’t know about you, but I get caught up in the “it must be up to me” thinking.  Therefore, I miss His Grace.
Not until I started asking daily for His grace to fall on me, my children, and that which concerns me did I get to live out salvation minute by minute.
My children are God’s handiwork.
Your children are God’s handiwork.
He has given them to me as a gift.
Responsibility comes with that gift.
But it’s His grace that saves them,
Not my good parenting works.
It’s His gift.
They aren’t good enough to deserve it and neither am I.
It’s freely offered.  Even on the WORST of days.
Profound when You believe and receive it.
So, as we approach the 2013-14 school year, I want to encourage Sky Moms to not miss this grace 
that changes everything.  As we start to “work” on our kids this school year….let’s 
remember God’s grace that saves and changes the handiworks among our homes.  
Let’s Pray Gods’ Word:
Dear Heavenly Father, thank you for your grace.
I long to believe it and receive it daily.
Thank You for this gift that came to me completely undeserved and that comes
to my children apart from any good thing they do or I did.
Show me where I have works based parenting hoping that my good endeavors
will change behaviors or manifest good disciplines in all that we encounter in the school year.
Lead me to know Your grace as a mother.
Let it be what guides me as I take the handiworks You have given me and lay them before You
to do the heart changing work.  The work that you did on the cross and is available to us today.
I know You have many good plans prepared for my children.
Let me not miss Your grace as I trust You to see them come to be.
Amen.
~Terrie Chevaillier 

No comments:

Post a Comment