Thursday, November 28, 2013

Prayer Encouragement & SkyMoms Retreat: "How to Enter Everyday" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier


How to Enter Everyday




   Enter his gates with thanksgiving
   and his courts with praise;
   give thanks to him and praise his name. Psalm 100:4

Happy Thanksgiving SkyMoms!

I woke up with the reminder of this verse today,  For today, Thanksgiving Day, i would normally enter this day with thankfulness. The holiday observed and all that is a part of that reminds me to do this.  I am thankful, so I gives thanks and praise. My heart is reminded and prepared as I celebrate this day. Thus, i enter the day.

What about everyday? How do I teach my heart and disciple my children's hearts to enter everyday?

Let's Pray God's Word:
Dear Lord, as we gather around the table today with friends and family, we thank You and give You praise for Jesus and all of the blessings this brings.

As moms, we desire to live this out in our homes and not just today.

Help us as we enter.  If we enter our time with You and neglect this spiritual discipline and truth, remind us and teach us so we can teach those entrusted to us.

As our culture seeks to tell our children they need more, help us as moms have a louder voice than the culture's voice.

Give us a voice of praise so we can model to our children what a life of thanksgiving and praise looks like so they too would enter in.

Amen
~Terrie Chevaillier

No comments:

Post a Comment