Monday, May 19, 2014

Prayer Encouragement: "Prayer and Fasting" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier


Prayer and Fasting

However, this kind does not go out except by prayer and fasting.
Matthew 17:21

Have you ever just needed a breakthrough?   Like this problem just kept resurfacing in your child’s life.  It might go away for a short time only to pop back up again after you thought you were done with that “issue”.
The disciples came up against this when a man brought his son to them asking them to heal him from epilepsy that caused him to fall in the fire and often into the water.  This man told Jesus that he had brought the boy to his disciples but they could not heal him.
  When the disciples ask Him directly why they couldn’t do this, He tells them it was because of their unbelief and lack of faith.  He tells them that faith in His power in them as disciples is able to move a mountain and that nothing is impossible for them.   He then goes onto say, “However, this kind does not come go out except by prayer and fasting.”  
As a Christian mom of a child, you are a disciple of Christ.  If you have accepted Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior, you have His power living on the inside of you.
Is there a reoccurring problem that has zapped your faith and the mountain is now so large that you cannot see over it or go around it, but you are just stuck staring at it?
Maybe it is a “this kind” kind of problem.
Let’s pray God’s Word:
Dear Lord, thank You that I have direct access to come before You and pray in Jesus name because you have paid the price and I have full access to Your power and You hear my prayers.
Sometimes, my faith is really really weak.  I feel like the mountain of this problem just grows daily.
I want to be more obedient to prayer as Your Word tells me that I must come before You in believing prayer and faith for this thing to be moved.  Help me to see that they way you move it might not be the way I have planned for it to move.   I want to be closer to You, regardless of what the breakthrough might look like or not look like.
Teach me what it means to fast in regards to a mountain.  I want the problem to just go away, but I also want to be reminded in fasting to come to you with the issue and remember that when I die to myself in an area, it reminds me of Your power and authority to work in the life of my child and that I don’t have to do all of the work, because You have paid the ultimate price of death on the cross and nothing can surpass that power that is available in me and in my child.
What needs to go out by prayer and fasting in the life of my child?   Lead me to pray and fast when needed.
Amen.
~Terrie Chevaillier

No comments:

Post a Comment