Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Prayer Encouragement: "This Little Light of Mine" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier


This Little Light of Mine

You are the light of the world.  A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden.  
Matthew 5:14
Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven.

I just finished up and in depth study of the book of Matthew.   It seemed that most of the year, I was being taught what it means to be a mom in regards to discipleship of my children.
If your child has accepted Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior, they are what the bible calls “light”.  If you as a mom have accepted this call as well, you are a light.
A light of the world.  A city on a hill.  It cannot be hidden.
If you are light, or your kids are light, have you ever wanted to just run away and hide that light?  Their light or your own light?   Think about your child in terms of This Little Light of Mine.  As mothers, our children belong to us.  Ultimately to God, but while they are in our care, they belong to us and we are held responsible for them, at least until a certain age.  
I have found myself wanting to run away with my little lights and hide them in a cave safely away from the world so no one could try to extinguish their light or try to push their darkness onto this little light of mine, my child.  
Have you ever felt that way?
Let’s Pray God’s Word:
Thank you Father that You are the light of the world and Your light lives in us and in our children.  You tell us that it’s like a city that cannot be hidden.  Why do I fear other’s extinguishing it?  You tell me it cannot happen.  It cannot be hidden.
At times, I am afraid and want to run away and not shine brightly amidst darkness.  And I want to run and take my kids away with me.  
Your Word tells me that our light should shine before men and they will see this and then glorify You.
Please take away our hesitancy or fear to be obedient to this call and help us to be moms that shine brightly in hard places and trust our children with you to allow theirs to shine brightly too!
Amen.
~Terrie Chevaillier

No comments:

Post a Comment