Monday, June 2, 2014

Prayer Encouragement: "Disciple Making Moms" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier


Disciple Making Moms

And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go, therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age. Amen.”
Matthew 28:18-20

If you are a mom who has accepted Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Savior, you are a disciple of Christ.  
This verse above is referred to as The Great Commission.
Do you have children in your home?  You have been given authority by the power of Jesus to make disciples.  You might not ever go to another nation.   They might go.  Their training to go might be in the small confines of your home under the teaching and training of a Godly mother.
Does the job seem too big?
Let’s pray God’s Word:
Thank You Father for the authority that you have given me to make disciples in my home and teach and train my children.
As I pray for them, help me to see how You have equipped me to teach them and where you have uniquely gifted them for a mighty purpose, therefore I need to teach them what I have learned about You.
Help me to see that my home is a training ground.  A place to be a disciple and to make disciples.  Maybe to even go to other nations and teach others when they leave my home.
This sounds like a huge call.  Thank You that Your Word tells me that You are with me always!
Amen.
~Terrie Chevaillier


No comments:

Post a Comment