Monday, July 21, 2014

Prayer Encouragement: "Good News or Bad News?" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier


Good News or Bad News?



They will have no fear of bad news; their hearts are steadfast, trusting in the Lord.

Psalm 112:7



Do you expect good news regarding your children or do you routinely expect bad news? Is your heart steadfast and trusting, or fearful and fretful?



My heart has been filled with both. Sometimes for only a minute, or just a day, and sometimes for entire seasons.  Faith filled and fear filled.  



In the world we live in, it's hard to be steadfast if we are not clinging to the promises of God and His Word and His divine plan for our children.



Team try outs, college entrance exams, room mate requests, Friday night plans, friend circles, GPA's.....the list goes on!



Let's pray God's Word:



Father, thank you that I do not have to fear bad news.   Even if bad news comes my way or might come my way, Your Word tells me that I don't have to live in fear of it.



I want a steadfast heart that trusts You from beginning to end.  From pre school to pre teen to pre marriage as I live out Your calling of being a mom to the children You have given me.  Help me to remember it is possible because they are Yours first and mine second.



Lead me to trust you as I approach the new school year with a new season, filled with new people, and new places.  



My heart desires steadfastness and trust!



Amen.

~Terrie Chevaillier

No comments:

Post a Comment