Friday, December 5, 2014

Building Your Resume: A Prayer Encouragement!

Unless the Lord builds the house, the builders labor in vain. Unless the Lord watches over the city, the guards stand watch in vain.
Psalm 127:1


Maybe you are in the season of raising junior high or high school children.  Perhaps your season is preschool or elementary school.  Have you heard about the resume

If you have ever had a resume, this one is similar.  However, yours might have listed your education or past job experience.  It started its formation sometime around taking your first job, completing high school, or college.

In our culture, the child’s resume seems to start taking formation very early.  Building the resume seems to take precedence in deciding how time is spent.  Time on the field and time off the field.  AP classes or on level classes.  Working hours for our children is not only in school from 8-3pm; that’s their first job.  Then they rush off to their second and third and fourth jobs to build their resume.  The chatter around you causes you to fret and consume your thoughts about how have you done or are doing the right thing?  Will your child get into college?

Perhaps this is an exaggeration and perhaps it is not.

In the rush to build the resume, I want to encourage you to take a look at Psalm 127.   The Lord is the builder in this passage! 



Let’s Pray God’s Word:

Heavenly Father, thank You that I can look to You and to You alone to build our home.  I am often distracted to start building on a foundation that the world is telling me and I get busy building and forget the eternal builder!

I desire to raise Godly children.  I want a marriage that points them to Christ and glorifies You on this earth.  I long to give my children a safe place or refuge where our home is filled with joy, praise and thanksgiving and eternal value.  However, often we miss this time to spend with You in our homes as we are off rushing around and become weary and fretful and anxious to attain that which the world tells us we must do, be or have.

Would you watch over our home today?  Show me where I am spending moments of time that I cannot get back and someday might look back and think that my labor was in vain as I long to teach and train my children in godliness.

Thank You that I can look to You to watch over all that I cannot see and thank You that you are raising my awareness as I look to you to build that which I cannot!

Amen




We also want to encourage you to attend the Sky Moms Retreat in Van, TX on January 24th and 25th.  Scott and Kristen Kedersha from Watermark Community Church in Dallas will encourage us as they teach on Psalm 127 and what it means to build a home and marriage on the solid foundation of Jesus Christ!  Sign up today!


Encouragement from SkyMoms Retreat Chair Terrie Chevaillier!

No comments:

Post a Comment