Thursday, December 25, 2014

Merry Christmas from President and CEO Linda S. Paulk!

Merry Christmas SkyMoms! 
This morning as I awoke I did so to the song "Mary Did You Know?". Are you familiar with it? I love the song as it causes me to reflect on the fact that Mary did know that someone would be chosen to carry and give birth to The Savior, but there was no way for her to know it would be her.  Imagine for just a moment how she must have felt... the incredible barrage of emotions in her mind and heart... fear, excitement, amazement, joy...OMG!!! 
      Can you imagine learning that you would be giving birth to the Lord of Lords, King of Kings, Son of Man, and Savior of the world.  What a Wow factor! How did Mary respond once she got over the initial shock of it all? She responded in obedience saying "I am the Lord's servant! May everything you have said come true." Luke 1:26-38
       As we reflect on our own lives today, celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, do we respond with the same kind of obedience to the Father? To be what God has called us to be... as a mom, a wife, a steward, a servant? Do you respond hearing the Father... Linda, did you know that I love you more than you could possibly think or imagine?  Did you know I chose you to be a vessel to carry my message into the world... just as Mary was the chosen vessel for God's highest purpose?  Did you know that I chose you to be a mother to your children?  Sometimes as Mom's we go through circumstances that cause us to question God.  
Be encouraged in knowing that God will equip you for the journey of motherhood all the way and that the word tells us that with God all things are possible. Be reminded that you are chosen and you are special!  


No comments:

Post a Comment