Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Lisa Clark ~ Sky Ranch Parenting Mentor



Lisa has been teaching women’s bible studies for the past 6 years at Prestonwood Baptist Church in Plano, Texas. Prior to that, she taught new believing families for 15 years on basic Christian principles and growth. She has been teaching moms and dads throughout the D/FW area and at Prestonwood Christian Academy throughKingdom Parent Institute. Lisa has a unique teaching style that couples humor with Biblical insights and personal stories of raising her own two daughters. Grounded in God’s Word, Lisa has a passion for encouraging moms in the day to day struggles of parenting preteens and teens.
“I am not a perfect parent and realize that as long as I am covered in flesh, I will fall short on a daily basis. But I also realize that God has given me what I need to parent confidently. Confident parenting is the key. I am the parent and God has commissioned me to be the parent. I have a responsibility to Him, my husband and my children to give my very best.”
Lisa travels throughout Texas and Oklahoma teaching and encouraging moms through this new, innovative ministry. She writes parenting articles and serves as director of the ministry.
Lisa is married to Brad, her husband of 22 years. They have two daughters, Caroline (19) and Camryn (14). They currently reside in Plano, Texas.
Other info:
Lisa serves as a current trustee on the Prestonwood Christian Academy Board of Trustees
Lisa has been a member of PBC for 24 years
Lisa was born and raised in Dallas, a true Texan
Lisa graduated with a BBA in Marketing from Stephen F. Austin University
Lisa teaches 11th grade girls on Sundays
Testimonials:
“A gifted Bible Study teacher with a heart for empowering moms to be the parent that God has gifted them to be, Lisa Clarkcouples humor with personal stories of her own two daughters to impart practical biblical principles on raising teens and pre-teens in today’s modern culture.”
“Lisa’s heart for the Lord is evident in every aspect of her life, as she mentors parents with ideas, suggestions and advice that makes families stronger.”
“The ladies of Hill Country Fellowship were truly blessed by the Holy Spirit inspired teaching of Lisa Clark. Her knowledge of the word of God and its practical application to our lives as women, mothers and daughters was truly a blessing. Lisa knows God and teaches by His authority and guidance. Our women went away better equipped to face their daily challenges.”
Rosemary McGee – Pastor’s Wife
“Lisa Clark is an amazing parent educator who mentors parents with ideas, suggestions and advice that help make families stronger! Her calm, encouraging attitude and real-life experience as the mother of two daughters makes her someone who is easy to trust and relate to. Her love for the Lord is evident in all of her classes. I have learned so much from Lisa and have been blessed by her wonderful ideas that have worked well for our family. Every time I have the opportunity to hear Lisa speak, I come away feeling equipped and encouraged, leaving with strategies that help me to be a better mom. I highly recommend Lisa’s programs to all parents!”
Robin Corbin – Mother of Teens in Plano, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment