Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Thanksgiving Eve...means cooking and preparing :)

So, how have you spent the day before Thanksgiving?  Thanksgiving Eve? Well, I have cooked, gone over to a dear friends and cooked together some more, been to the grocery store twice,  and am now just sitting down to gather my thoughts as to what time do I need to begin putting dishes in the oven to have everything ready at the same time!

This Year I am responsible for making :
A Yummy Salad (Baby Spinach, caramelized almonds, strawberries, green onions, avocado, and homemade raspberry  dressing)
III Forks Cream Corn (this is AMAZING!...new recipe that my friend Sandi taught me today!)
Green Bean Bundles (a family favorite)
Cinnamon Sugar Butter- for yummy rolls (a new addition to our Sister Schubert rolls)
Bacon, Onion, and Fontina Mini Quiches (another new recipe I learned today from Sandi!)


So what are the family dishes you are making?



Green Bean Bundles

Whole Green Beans-2 cans
1/3 cup butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. garlic salt

Put 12-14 green beans in a bundle. Wrap bundles with center cut  bacon.  Overlap bacon on bottom side and put into baking dish.

One can is 4-5 bundles.  Allow 2 bundles per person.

Melt butter, add brown sugar, and garlic salt and stir until completely smooth...this takes about 5 to 10 minutes.

Spoon sauce over each bundle (this amount of sauce is for 2 cans...when sauce is doubled just add a dash more of garlic salt).

For Thanksgiving Meal- I did this recipe x3!

Enjoy!

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment