Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Prayer Encouragement: “Go and Make Disciples” by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit
Matthew 28:19
This blog entry has been on my heart for a while now.  I see a lot of this generation of kids all about the Great Commission.  It takes courage in their world to be about this.  I have watched the opposition to this for some time and it concerns me.  The opposition that I see to this is not always a bad thing, but I would like to explain something I have been made aware of that makes this somewhat challenging.  I think awareness of their world is always a good thing.
The Great Commission.
Therefore go.  Make disciples.  Of all nations.
You see, I am very concerned about how we are falling into closed circles.
When we are in a closed circle of friends it is really hard to “therefore go”.
It is hard to make disciples if all of the people in the circle are already His disciples…believers in Christ.
Of all nations therefore becomes challenging in our day to day lives because we find it hard to leave the comfort of “our nation”.
Our “nation” could be the comfortable friend groups we try to construct and manage for our children.
If your children are past that age, your hands might not even have the opportunity to manage or control it.
The world’s system is doing that.
In their world…especially their school age world, there is a system at work.
It’s a group system.
If you are a part of one group, chances are your opportunities to be a part of other groups are somewhat limited. This group could provide safety at a lunch table.  It could also offer safety on Friday and Saturday nights.
I am not against this system.  Just concerned for how it is affecting the Great Commission.
When I seek God’s wisdom for His will for my children…this keeps coming to my mind.
The Great Commission.
One of my boys has been on an international mission trip.  Another one will go on a local mission opportunity this summer for the first time.  I love it that our summer will consist of this type of endeavor, however, we have been talking a lot about being on mission every day….in this nation.  In this community.  At this table. In the classroom.  At Starbucks.
You name it.  All Nations.
They tell me it is hard.
I am believing them.
That is why we must pray God’s Word.
Let’s Pray…
Dear Father, thank You for Your Word that tells me what my kids are supposed to be about.  Making disciples.  I know that they cannot go out if they are not equipped and discipled to do that.  Thank You for Sky Ranch and how this is in the forefront of what they instruct and teach.  Thank You for the disciples that You have put in my children’s lives to encourage them to go out and give out the same that they have been given.
We know that You are aware of all the opposition in their worlds that tries to steal opportunity for them to be about Your call.  You see their world closer than we see it.
As a mom, it grieves us to watch their friend or influence groups become limited because of worldly labels.
Would You go before them and break through this wall that seems impenetrable without Your favor and blessing.
We ask that all of our children be equipped and have a heart for the Great Commission.
Give us courage as moms to let go of our carefully constructed comforts zones and trust You with Your calling for us and for our children.
Amen.
~Terrie Chevaillier

No comments:

Post a Comment