Monday, August 5, 2013

Prayer Encouragement: "To Do!" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier


To Do!

I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel; my heart also instructs me in the night seasons.  I have set the Lord always before me;
Because He is at my right hand-
I will not be moved.
Psalm 16:7-8
Fill in the blank problem:______________.   What do I do?   
What do I do and what am I supposed to trust God to do?
How many times has this question surfaced in your mind regarding 
how to handle an issue or a problem regarding your children or something they are going through that is completely out of your control?
At times, we can just be mentally bombarded with what I am supposed to do.
We have three answers for times like this found in Psalm 16:7-8
  1. Bless the Lord for past and present counsel.
  2. Listen to the Holy Spirit who speaks to you.
  3. Set the Lord before you and refuse to be moved by the circumstance.
Go back to the passage above and see why it is possible to not be moved.
It says because He is at my right hand…I will not be moved.
Jesus is the right hand.
 So then, when the Lord Jesus had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven and sat down at the right hand of God Mark 16:19
Because of what has already been done on the cross, we do not have to be moved.
He is with us.  The answer to the to do…has already been done.
Jesus is at the right hand of God interceding for us.
We can trade our power of fretful to do’s over to His power that is accessible to us and accomplishes much.
Let’s Pray God’s Word:
Heavenly Father, thank You that I can come to you with everything that is dear to me and my children.  I thank You and praise You for all of the counsel You have given me in past times.
When I look back and see, it is exceedingly and abundantly more than I could have asked or imagined.
When I wake up in the night fretful, or am bombarded during the day with what I am supposed to do, guide me by the power of Your spirit.
Instruct me on how to handle all circumstances with my children.
I do not want to be moved into anxiety, fretting, or worry.
Thank You that You are at my right hand.
I will not be moved.
Amen.
~ Terrie Chevaillier

No comments:

Post a Comment