Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Imitate Christ - Lisa Clark


"Imitate me, just as I imitate Christ." 1 Cor 11:1



This was a constant on my mind as I was raising my girls. Always wanting to lead them to Christ but falling short daily.

Paul wrote this scripture in confidence that Christ was living inside him so he could represent Him and lead people to Him. Just imitate me he said. Just imitate me.

Well I was overwhelmed when I read this scripture from a parenting perspective. Truly overwhelmed. Could I simply tell my girls to imitate me and they'd see Jesus? Was I that confident?

Breathe. And know that the power of the One True God lives in you, believer. Trust Him. Know Him. Believe Him. Rely on Him.

How is this possible? Sit at His feet daily. Spend time talking with Him. Meditate on His word. Worship Him. Serve. Be intentional.


Mom, your mission field is your home. Imitate Christ.


"Yet you cannot make disciples unless you are my disciple." Oswald Chambers  

No comments:

Post a Comment