Friday, December 31, 2010

Yummy Really Good Salad

...I don't know about you...but a Salad recipe sounds like a great recipe, to kick off healthy eating for 2011:)!




Really Good Salad

Spinach, washed and bite size
2-3 green onion tops chopped
1-2 cans Mandarin oranges (optional- I leave out)
1-2 cups of berries: strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc. ( I use strawberries and blueberries)

1/2 cup dried cranberries
1 avocado peeled and sliced (optional-
I leave out)


1/4 sugar
1 cup sliced almonds



Combine almonds and sugar in saucepan.  Stir over medium heat until sugar melts and is browned.  Turn almonds out onto a cookie sheet to cool.  Toss ingredients together.

Raspberry Dressing

1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
1/3 cup seedless raspberry jam
1 cup vegetable oil
1 T. poppy seeds
Combine jam and vinegar in electric blender, process 20 seconds.  With blender on high, gradually add vegetable oil in a slow steady stream.  Stir in poppy seeds.

...I made this for Thanksgiving and Christmas...and it was a hit!  I doubled the dressing, so I could use it on other small salads through out the week too!

~Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment