Thursday, September 8, 2011

Lisa Life Lesson ~"Mom Tears"



Mom Tears

So today is one of those days where I just want to sit in my chair and cry.  Ever have one of those days?  I don't really have a lot going on today.  Thank goodness.  7am meeting at the school - check.  Luncheon in a few hours.  Clean the house.  Do some laundry.  Nothing out of the ordinary.  But I just want to cry.  Maybe I'm tired?  Maybe I'm hormonal.  Maybe I'm sad.  I do know that my prayer list is really long.  So many people grieving.  Out of work.  Lost loved ones.  Defiant children.  Dying parents.  Struggling to get pregnant.  The list is so long.  

My kids are growing up.  Maybe I'm sad about that.  I don't know.  Probably.

I have so much to be thankful for.  No doubt. 

Still want to cry.  

Even though I'm not sure why I'm overly emotional today, God knows.  He knows my heart.  He knows my every thought.  And He cares.

He wants to be there for me and walk me through this and that alone is worth the tears today.  To know my Savior loves me and is going to curl up with me in this chair and wait it out with me. I'm not depressed or suffering.  Just having one of those days.

Mom tears are so valuable to the Lord.  He knows we are overwhelmed many days.  Turning our children over to Him is so hard.  Remembering they are His and not ours is strange and difficult.  

I love you, Moms.  God loves you, too.  I'm thankful for the tears.  Really.  

Psalm 34:18 - "The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit."



Lisa Clark
Sky Ranch SkyMoms Parenting Mentor

No comments:

Post a Comment