Thursday, September 22, 2011

Prayer Encouragement: "Jesus Grew" by Guest SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier

Jesus Grew...



Jesus grew in wisdom and in stature
and in favor with God and all the people  
Luke 2:52 (NLT)
And the child grew and became strong;
he was filled with wisdom, and the grace of God was upon him.
Luke 2:40 

Sometimes, when I am tempted to become frustrated
 because my children “haven’t arrived” to this place or that…
I find so much comfort in this verse.
Jesus grew….here on this earth where
he walked and talked with his mother and father.
He was not only a part of a royal priesthood,
but an earthly family….with a mother a brother and a father.
He grew in wisdom.
He grew in stature.
He grew in favor…
with God and people.
Let’s pray God’s word for our children today:
Father, please give me grace today for my child.
Grace to give them the space to grow.
Understanding to know they haven’t arrived.
Help me to lead them to places where they will
grow in wisdom.  Church, small group
Sky Ranch and all of the other
wonderful places on this earth we have
to learn about you…so many where your word is taught.
Really give me grace to understand they
are still growing in wisdom…they have not fully arrived.
They haven’t arrived fully in the spiritual or the physical.
I want a real understanding to come over me
that their brains are still growing, developing, and forming.
Grace to give out when they are not
performing to the academic standard that I have set for them,
and a willing heart to surrender their developmental maturity
to your time….a real understanding that they are the created
and you are the Creator.
And Lord, as they are growing to become more like you,
I pray that they would find favor with you,
and because of that favor that they first have from you,
that they would then receive it from people…because
Of Jesus Christ in them, the hope of all glory!
Amen
~Terrie Chevaillier, Guest SkyMom Prayer Encourager

No comments:

Post a Comment