Monday, November 19, 2012

Prayer Encouragement: "Around the Table and Within Your House" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier


Around the Table and Within Your House

Blessed are all who fear the LORD,
who walk in obedience to him.
You will eat of the fruit of your labor;
Blessing and prosperity will be yours.
Your wife will be like a fruitful vine within your house;
Your children will be like olive shoots around your table.
Yes, this will be the blessing for the man who fears the LORD.
May the LORD bless you from Zion;
May you see the prosperity of Jerusalem
All the days of your life.
May you live to see your children’s children-
Peace be on Israel.  
Psalm 128

As I read this psalm, I am so encouraged about the legacy
of a family.  There is so much promise and blessing in these six verses.
  In this passage, the wife is compared to a fruitful vine and
the children are compared to olive shoots.
Within the house and around the table.
Olive shoots are small young shoots that come up from the roots of olive trees.
These shoots become new trees that bear fruit.
And a fruitful vine is one that is full of maturity and beauty.
As we approach this Thanksgiving, let us 
Give thought to our present family table 
and our future family table.  Our table of legacy…
Let’s pray God’s Word:
Heavenly Father, I thank you for family.
Oh how I long to see the fruit of my labor.
Some days I see abundant fruit and there are some 
Where I have to look hard and change my focus and attitude 
to see the fruit.    It is there….it takes me seeing 
through the lense of thankfulness…and then it appears, and I see it.
And how I long to be a fruitful vine within my house.
Your word says that these blessings will come to all
who fear the Lord.
Please help our family to grow in the fear of the Lord and knowledge of His Word.
I look with abundant hope to the days where my children
will bring their children to our home and we will gather around the table
And give thanks for all that is directly from Your hand of provision.
I pray that as parents we would have spiritual roots that go down deep
So that from those roots, our children will sprout up and become
strong in Your Kingdom
I speak a blessing over my family and the generations to come 
 with expectant hope and thankfulness,
as we gather around the table this month and the years to come.

~Terrie Chevaillier, SkyMom Prayer Encourager

No comments:

Post a Comment