Thursday, November 1, 2012

Prayer Encouragement: "Sky Moms in Southlake" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier


Sky Moms in Southlake


This past week, Sky Moms who gathered in Southlake had the wonderful 
privilege of hearing Sky Ranch parenting mentor Lisa Clark speak on the topic of
“Why can’t My Children be Perfect Like Me”
It was truth filled, convicting, and encouraging.
For those who were not able to be there and glean this wisdom from Lisa,
I thought I would share with you what I learned this past Thursday.
I felt as if it were a gift straight to me from the Lord above…good and perfect as His timing always is.
I jotted down four take aways that I felt the Lord wanted me to take as instruction that day.
She encouraged us to not let our children becomes idols…which would show up in the way we expected perfection from them which would bring disappointment when they messed up. 
From that piece of wisdom, I want to encourage us to pray:
Exodus 20:3
You shall have no other God’s before me.
You can simply pray….Lord, please show me the areas where I am holding my children and their performance as an idol.   Convict me in your loving mercy and lead me to repentance.
Another piece of encouragement that Lisa shared was that moms are the heartbeat of the home.  I loved that analogy as sometimes when I wear myself doing too many things outside of the home, my heart has been beating so hard and fast as I pursue things that aren’t necessarily focused on my home, leaving me with little energy to manage what God has entrusted me with..
MY HOME
For that piece of sweet wisdom we can pray: 
Titus 2: 4-5
and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.
Lord, show me where I do not love my husband and children as You would have me love them.
Help me to see my work at home as valuable and life giving.
Lead me with courage and strength as I make my home a priority.
Then boundaries. ….Lisa helped us understand that our children love them and crave them.
For this nugget of truth, we can pray 
1 Corinthians 10:23
You say, "I am allowed to do anything"--but not everything is good for you. You say, "I am allowed to do anything"--but not everything is beneficial.
Let’s pray:  Lord please show us the things that are not good for our children..maybe they are good things, but at this time, they are not beneficial.  Give us courage and trust to take them away for a season or limit them.  Lead us to know Your boundaries for parenting that show love over legalism.
And personally, the most important reminder that Lisa gave for me was 
to remember that we are sinners raising little sinners.  HOW TRUE!
So, that would lead us to pray for grace…grace, grace and more grace.
2 Corinthians 12:9 says
But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

Let’s pray God’s Word:
Oh Lord, thank You that Your grace is sufficient for do overs as Lisa reminded us that we need.
Grace to ask you for do overs.  Many do overs.
Where this is leading us to feel guilt and shame for having to ask so many times,  we ask You in Your sweet grace and mercy to cleanse us from that and help us to know that when we are weak…Your power is made perfect during those times.
Therefore, as Your Word says, we can boast all the more gladly in asking for do overs so in that we know 
That Your Power will rest on us as we receive the perfect Love of You to love our children through
Your perfect power that releases all of the wrong perfection that we are demanding or our children,
And reminds us of Your perfect grace that sustains that is made perfect in our weakness and in the weaknesses of our children.
Amen.
~Terrie Chevaillier


No comments:

Post a Comment