Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Lisa Life Lesson, "Mary Did You Know?"


Mary did you know?



I’ve thought about Mary a lot this Christmas season.  Historians believe her to be only 14 years of age when Gabriel sought her out on behalf of God.  14.  I don’t know about you but when my girls were 14 they weren’t “mother of the messiah ready.”  I’m just saying.  Anyway, she was young.  

She was betrothed to Joseph.  Her mom was planning a wedding.  I’m planning a wedding.  It’s easy to get caught up in the “day of” festivities and forget about the actual marriage.  I keep trying to make sure we’re focusing more on the marriage and “life happily ever after” versus the day of.  It’s hard.  I’m sure Mary’s mom was a little “fit to be tied” when the actual day of events got postponed or hurried up or whatever happened.  Moms will be moms.  

Yet Mary stood before the Lord and said, “Whatever you need of me, I am your maidservant.”  

“Whatever you need.”

Mary didn’t know exactly what she was signing up for that day.  But God knew her love for Him was beyond her circumstances.  Her heart was set on Him and He knew she was His.  When she said those words she meant it deep within her heart.  

33 years of life with her precious Savior on earth.  Her precious son.  Her precious Jesus.  And then the day came when she pleaded for His life as he hung upon the cross, pouring her heart out to God.  Perhaps at that very moment, the only one who could identify with Mary was God Himself.  The one who called her to this very crucial position as the mother of the Messiah, knew exactly what she was going through.  That was His Son, too.  



~Lisa Clark
Sky Ranch SkyMom Parenting Mentor

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful, Lisa! Love your heart and the way it focuses my heart on the One who lived and died for me -- and today, on his earthly 'mom'! Oh to have a heart like hers!

    ReplyDelete