Monday, December 3, 2012

Prayer Encouragement: "When How We Think Things Shouldn’t Be..." by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier


When How We Think Things Shouldn’t Be,
Are Right Where God Purposes For Them To Be

Luke 2:7
and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son.
 She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger,
 because there was no guest room available for them.

Do you ever have those times in your life or moments where you just think…
this is not how this is supposed to go.
Or, at least this is just not how I thought this would go.
Even after praying about it and asking God to take it… have you thought…I still
just do not think this is the way it is supposed to go.
Well, I have experienced many of those moments   lately and God is giving me glimpses into my best thoughts and plans
look absolutely nothing like His.
It is at those times that I have to remember that the Kingdom world looks a whole lot different than the 
worldly world.
It makes me see that I do not routinely think on a kingdom level.
Oh, how I have been almost stopped in my tracks as I have seen that God’s Ways are 
much higher than my own…or my own way that I would have for my kids.
In Luke 1:38 after the angel visits Mary and tells her that she will bear a son
even though she is a virgin, Mary said….”I am the Lord’s servant.  Let Your Word to me be fulfilled.”
Mary was faithful.  Mary found favor with the Lord.
In scripture, we see Mary being told of something that would happen to her that was very out of the normal.
We then see the Savior was born in a place that was very out of the normal.
But what is normal?
We do not see evidence of Mary saying it just couldn’t happen that way and I cannot believe that this baby is being born in a stable and will sleep in a manger.
SkyMoms….I am becoming more and more convinced that what the world says is normal
is so far removed from Kingdom normal.
Kingdom normal is what we cannot construct in our minds.
Kingdom normal just happens and we are left almost speechless with expressions that leave us saying…
Oh God…I am so glad that even in my stubbornness to have my way…you did not let me miss this.
When you experience Kingdom normal, you just don’t really desire worldly normal as much.
Unfortunately, it has taken me a little longer than I would like to admit to surrender to His best laid plans in this season of life that I am in.
Some things don’t make sense.
However, I am seeing that when things just aren’t making sense….Kingdom normal is about to appear.
This season of life has made me think about Mary as we approach the Christmas Season.
I want to respond more often than not as…..
I am the Lord’s servant.  My kids are the Lord’s servant.
Let it be to me and Let it be to them as You have said, Lord.
So Let’s Pray God’s Word:
Dear Heavenly Father, as we prepare our hearts to celebrate Your birth, 
Thank You for scripture that give us details into the divine plan of Your birth.
Born of a virgin.  Born in a manger.
No room in the inn.
Humble.  Beautiful. Divine.
Lord, help us as we go about Your plan for us and Your plan for our children to 
not miss out on seeing a divine plan take place.
Remove our stubborn thinking about how we think things should be for ourselves or our children
and allow us know that Your thoughts are not our thoughts, nor are Your ways our ways.
As we approach Christmas, help us teach our kids humility.
Allow us to see Your Kingdom.
We are Your servants.
Let it be to us have You have said.
Amen.
~Terrie Chevaillier

No comments:

Post a Comment