Thursday, December 31, 2015

Morning Expectant Prayer - Terrie Chevaillier



In the morning, LORD, you hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait expectantly- Psalm 5:3


How should I pray for my kids? What should I pray?  When should I pray?
There is a lot of direction found regarding these questions in this verse.

What: Pray

When: In the morning

Who: Me to the Lord

Why: To lay my requests down before Him

How: With my voice and waiting and watchful expectation

I love this truth as I have applied it to my life in regards to parenting and marriage.  You know there are times when you just feel that you have done all you can do and unless God intervenes, you don’t see a way or an answer.

I have seen that it’s in the expectant waiting that my faith grows.  His Word encourages us to lay these things that tempt us to worry and fret and to exchange our doubtful heart to God for an expectant heart that believes that we will see Him work in our situation.

Depending on what season of life you are in, it might be tough to wake up before kids and get in prayer time.  Just do what you can whether its’s before they leave for school or as soon as your drop them off.  Accountability helps too.  There have been seasons where I would get up early and check in with a few of my friends in a group text message who also wanted to spend some extended morning time in the Word and prayer.  We would just text, “up” and it helped when I didn’t want to get out of bed so early and pray. 


Pray about it and see how God might lead you to grow in this area in 2016!


No comments:

Post a Comment