Thursday, December 3, 2015

All In Devotional by Stacy Davis: God is the Protector



Family Fun Icebreaker: What helps you feel safe?

Topic Question: Who is God?

Today’s Big Idea: God is the Protector

Scripture reveals that God is the Protector. He protects His children
according to His purposes. Once creation changed and sin entered our
world, you were no longer safe. Today, safety is always a need. God provides
physical safety for you and your family: when you are at home, driving in
the car, at work or school, and in many other ways in your daily life. God
also gives you spiritual protection. You have a spirit, or a soul, within you
that lives on eternally after death. There is a struggle within your soul and
mind to do either good or evil. God tells you in scripture that evil is present
in this world, constantly trying to tempt you into evil. God shares that
if you let Him, He protects your mind and soul, guiding you to take the
correct actions in life. How you respond to God determines where your soul
lives eternally. By accepting His help to live life the right way on earth, your
soul can live with Him in heaven eternally.

Talk with God: Read the scriptures aloud.

The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my
rock, in whom I !nd protection. He is my shield, the power that
saves me, and my place of safety. (Psalm18:2 NLT)

Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God
transform you into a new person by changing the way you think.
Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and
pleasing and perfect. (Romans 12:2 NLT)

Walk with God: Read aloud and discuss.

Physical safety is a common prayer request. Prayers such as, “God, please
keep me and my family safe” or “God, please protect me as I travel,” are
some of the biggest requests of God on prayer lists. Since the world around
you is unpredictable, it is a good idea to seek God for physical health and
protection. Yet, too often people forget to ask God to safeguard their spirit,
heart, and mind; it is just as important to seek sanctuary for the spiritual
side of life.

Discuss with your family: God gives safety from physical harm. How does
God protect your mind, heart, and spirit?

Prayer suggestion: Pray for God to show you how He protects you.



No comments:

Post a Comment