Monday, October 18, 2010

My Future is in His Hands

My Future is in His Hands


“But I am trusting you, O Lord, saying, 
“You are my God!” My future is in your hands.” Psalm 31:14-15
I recently texted this verse to my daughters who were both in a somewhat stressful and unsure situation.  As a mom, we often feel the brunt of the stress our kids endure because we are there, in the midst of it.  They are short-tempered, needy, moody and unloving when they feel stress or overwhelmed.  And we get to suffer right along with them.
Instead of getting in their business and trying to fix the situation, it is always good to trust in God’s word to act as the healing agent that will smooth all rough edges and take away the pain.
His Word is alive.  Texting this scripture to my kids reminded me, too, that when we trust in Him and rely on God’s word to speak to us and minister, we can be stress-free.  He cares about the big things, the small things, and everything in between.  Nothing is outside of his caring and concern.  My future is in His hands.  And He’s got really big hands.
~Lisa Clark

No comments:

Post a Comment