Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Family Table...Launching, Ronda as Guest SkyMom Blog Food Writer!




I am so excited to welcome back my dear friend Ronda, We introduced you to her a few weeks ago,
As I began to peruse Ronda's Facebook I began to notice that she is an avid cook for her family with a God given talent that SkyMoms would love to tap into for encouragement, tips and recipes!  So, I am thrilled to introduce to you...the launching of Ronda as a Guest SkyMom Blog Writer!  
I can't wait to try her recipes...but more than anything 
Ronda keeps it authentic and intentional at...


"The Family Table"


Good Morning SkyMoms!

I am thrilled to be a guest food writer for the SkyMoms Blog! Tori and I are friends from Junior High and I am honored to be a part of the fabulous SkyMoms group that she has helped to develop! 
We love, love Sky Ranch and can see daily how going to camp in Van, Texas has forever changed the lives of our children.


It is my hope to encourage you to get back into the kitchens, create purposeful moments around the dinner table with your sweet families, and move from fast food to whole food!


When I first got married about 14 years ago, I could barely boil water. No kidding I almost burned our little apartment to the ground making microwave popcorn.  My husband and I moved from our hometown of Dallas, Texas way out here to Northern California. That first year of our marriage I had the daunting task of putting a Thanksgiving meal on the table…all by myself!  After a good chat with myself, I realized that the feeding and care of our family would and should be up to me!


After a few phone calls, I stumbled across a cooking class to teach the novice cook, me, how to cook a home cooked Thanksgiving meal. Little did I know that my first little class would be the impetus to develop an absolute passion for feeding my family the very best of what I could offer. 


Currently, I am the wife of an amazing husband and mother to three beautiful kids ages 6, 9, and 12. And lastly, I am a college student myself working towards becoming a nurse.


So now let’s talk food…With so many ways of eating from fat-free, low-fat, low-carb, high-protein, it is hard to know where to turn.  I am about eating real food in a moderate way.  When we eat real food, our hunger is satiated and we don’t want to eat a bunch of junk.


Over the next weeks, I will share with you some tips and trick for menu planning, pantry organization, yummy snacks, bountiful breakfasts and nourishing lunches, purposeful dinners and through it all bring back that focus on the family.
I hope you’ll join me for the fun and,
I sure look forward to hearing from you all!

Blessings from Ronda at The Family Table.


Proverbs 31:15-17“She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family and portions for her servant girls.  She considers a field and buys it; out of her earnings she plants a vineyard.  She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.”

2 comments:

  1. this is so cool that my moms friend from junior high, has kids that have gone to SKY RANCH and she is going to help with writing recipes for the blog...can't wait, we need recipes here at the miller house. :) please help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sweet Kyndal! I am excited about working with your mom! I know she is a great cook!

    ReplyDelete