Monday, July 25, 2011

Prayer Encouragement: "A Sun and a Shield" by Guest SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier





A Sun and a Shield

For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor;
No good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. 
Psalm 84:11 NIV


I love this verse.   It packs promise, reinforces identity, and gives 
hope for provision
and protection.  This one verse encourages me daily as I go before the 
Lord in prayer
with the seemingly big and small things in my children’s lives.
 I have many prayer
cards with this verse at the top!

This past year it has gone something like this;
Lord, thank you that you are a Sun and a Shield.   
A sun brings warmth and provision
and a shield offers protection.  I am so thankful that I can trust
You for provision as we
wait with hopeful expectation for the college acceptance letter.  
I also know that you
can shield my son as well…
shield him from a place that isn’t right for him, and when
he does make it to that place You provide, 
You will also be his shield….
from the enemy, from
wrong choices and wrong relationships.
He has worked hard and studied hard.  
We have prepared as we know best…
however, it is you 

who bestows favor and honor and it is not because of anything good 
he has done or we have 

done…

it is all because of everything 



You have done, in your son, Jesus. 
So, I ask for your favor and honor as his application is reviewed.   
I thank you that if
this college that seems perfect in our human limited view for him is a good thing…
then You will 

not withhold it.  

Amen


~Terrie Chevaillier, Guest SkyMom 

No comments:

Post a Comment