Thursday, November 24, 2011

Lisa Life Lesson ~"Say please and thank you and eat your peas!"


"Say please and thank you and eat your peas!"

It's our job, Moms, to teach this good stuff to our children.  But we will be going against the grain (culture) most of our lives.  It's just not a part of our sin nature...to be thankful.  We have to help our children gain a perspective of thankfulness.  As we teach, we model what we want to see in our children.  So, when I say "thank you" to the bank teller, I'm teaching.  When I smile and greet people in my path, I'm teaching.  When I serve my family, I'm teaching.  

I've told my children countless times that we could thank God for something different every day and never run out of things to thank Him for.  That's a fact.  We are blessed.



As you sit around the Thanksgiving table with your family, go around and ask everyone to share one thing they're thankful for and keep going around as long as you have time, or before the food gets cold! That's a fun Thanksgiving activity that shifts the focus from self to a grateful heart. 

Another fun activity is to have each family member memorize or share a verse related to being thankful or grateful.  Here are a few:

"I will praise You, O Lord, with my whole heart, I will tell of Your marvelous works.  I will be glad and rejoice in You, I will sing praise to your name, O Most High."  Psalm 9:1-2

"I will wash my hands in innocence, so I will go about your alter, O Lord; That I may proclaim with the voice of thanksgiving, And tell of your wondrous works."  Psalm 26:6-7

"For our heart shall rejoice in Him, because we have trusted in His holy name.  Let Your mercy, O Lord, be upon us, just as we hope in You." Psalm 33:21-22

God bless you this Thanksgiving.  I am so thankful to be a part of the Sky Ranch family.  God is good!



~Lisa Clark
Sky Ranch SkyMoms Parenting Mentor

No comments:

Post a Comment