Wednesday, November 23, 2011

No Matter What!
Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live. 
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 
(The Message)



I felt the need to choose this one for our family to memorize this week. As a result, one of my boys had a revelation. He said, “So now I understand that even if my brother does something that I don't like or I feel is mean, I can still be joyful!".  No matter what! That is what it says!
 Thankful, cheerful, and prayerful no matter if: my kids aren't perfectly behaved, if money is running low, if my weight isn't where I want it to be. No matter if my house isn't clean or decorated as I would have it, or if I get into an argument with my husband.......no matter what, I can keep my thankfulness and my joy!  What is your no matter what?

Let's Pray:
Oh Lord, you know all of my no matter whats. There are many that come and go and some that can steal my joy and thankful heart in an instant. However, Your Word tells me that because I belong to You, I have the ability by the power of Your Holy Spirit to be cheerful, prayerful, and thankful! I want this way of life, but I don't always choose it. Help me this Thanksgiving week and those after to be a mom that models this to my family. I cannot teach them or encourage them where I cannot go myself. Thank you for grace and mercy and do overs!
I pray that I would spread cheer and an attitude of gratitude throughout my home this week.  I know that the only way I can do it, is to be in a state of constant prayer with the You the Father as I you’re your Spirit to do a perfect work in my heart and home!
Amen.
~Terrie Chevaillier, SkyMom Prayer Encourager

No comments:

Post a Comment