Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Lisa Life Lesson ~"Christmas Letters"


Christmas 2006 - I felt the Lord leading me to "document" in some way my children's heritage through simple handwritten letters from their grandparents (4 at the time) and great-grandparents (2).  




I sent each a note requesting the letters with some thoughts on what they might include, such as where they grew up, when they accepted Jesus as Savior, what their interests were in high school, when they married, etc.  All 6 so graciously participated and on Christmas Eve I wrapped each girl's letters with red ribbon and put them in their stockings.  Needless to say, these letters have become a valuable keepsake remembered not only at Christmastime but throughout the year.  Today, 3 of their grandparents, and 1 great-grandparent have gone to be with Jesus.  

The letter writing spurred on my husband, Brad, to start a new family tradition a few years ago.  He asked that each of us (me, Brad, Caroline and Camryn) write each other Christmas letters to be read on Christmas morning.  These letters are a treasure.  It's a wonderful time to put into writing how you feel about your loved ones.  Of course, I cry every year.  But I'm so thankful for the letters.  

Merry Christmas.  I'm thankful for the true gift of Christmas - Jesus.  





~Lisa Clark
Sky Ranch SkyMoms Parenting Mentor


No comments:

Post a Comment