Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Prayer Encouragement: "BEAUTIFUL FEET" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier

BEAUTIFUL FEET



How then will they call on Him in whom they have not believed?
How will they believe in Him whom they have not heard?
And how will they hear without a preacher?
How will they preach unless they are sent?
Just as it is written, 


“HOW BEAUTIFUL ARE THE FEET
OF THOSE WHO BRING GOOD NEWS OF GOOD THINGS!”
Romans 10: 14-15 (NASB)


Beauty is all around this season.  Beautiful décor, beautiful music,
beautiful gifts, beautiful food, beautiful traditions, and beautiful parties, just to name a few.
Favorite things.   Most definitely.  These mentioned
are just a few of my favorite things.
Why?
For me they represent why my heart celebrates this time of year.  They are
representations that this time of year is to be celebrated and set apart with more beauty 
admiration, and intentionality….it’s like a royal time of the year.
Set apart.  Royal.  Fit for a King.
However, if I only set apart this time for a physical kind of beauty over the
beauty of teaching my children about the good news….then really I have failed.
My feet are supposed to bring good news of good things!
My feet are beautiful to my children and those around me
when they bring good news first and favorite decorative and bright twinkling things second.
This season and really all year round, my feet need to look different than the world’s feet.

Beautiful feet bringing beautiful good news of the finest thing first and twinkly things second is 
my prayer for the feet of Sky Moms this season.
As Sky Moms, we join together because our finest thing is The King.
Jesus Christ, Messiah, King of Kings, and Lord of Lords.

Let’s Pray:
Dear Heavenly Father, we come to You with hearts that long to put you first and
gifts, parties, and decorations second.  I believe that because most every mom 
I talk to right now tells me that.  And Father, I really do believe them.
I am so thankful that you see our heart’s desire first and do not judge us according to our sin 
and failure to do that thing that we want to do, but somehow don’t do.
Your Word says that those around us will not believe if they have not heard.
And they can’t call on You if they have not believed.
As Sky Moms…we are preachers.  Preachers sent.
Sent to first tell our family about the good news.
Sent second, third and fourth to give them gifts, a pretty home, and favorite holiday food.
If they don’t really understand how you came into the world
and why they need You and celebrate your birth this time of year,
and because of Your birth, they are part of a royal priesthood,
then I really do believe our feet look more worldly than heavenly.
I believe in my heart that this season you would like for Sky Moms
to teach our children about their royalty. About their set apartness.  


And that their daddy is the 
KING.
  You Father, A KING, was born that day, for today and for eternity. 


Amen.

~Terrie Chevaillier, SkyMom Prayer Encourager

No comments:

Post a Comment