Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Prayer Encouragement: "Believe it or not…foolishness is bound up in this heart!" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier

Believe it or not…foolishness is bound up in this heart!

Foolishness is bound up in the heart of a child;
The rod of discipline will remove it far from him.
Proverbs 22:15
Throughout the month of February, I would like 
to encourage Sky Moms on how to prayerfully LOVE their children well.
We will use this precious little picture each week to 
remind us just what our “calling” is in regards to loving
these precious little and big bundles of love 
the Lord has placed in our homes and hearts!
To love also means to discipline.
To discipline your children shows obedience to God.


So Let’s Pray God’s Word:
Father, it is really hard to imagine that foolishness
Is bound up in the heart of these sweet little feet.
However, Your Word says it is.
Forgive me for wondering what is wrong when my children
don’t act perfect or perform perfect or speak perfect.
It’s not always a reflection on me…..as you say they are born foolish.
But maybe sometimes it is a reflection on me.
Where have I not disciplined in obedience to Your Word?
How and when have I spared the rod?
And Lord, what is the rod….please show me.
It is hard to believe that to love them well
would mean using a rod of discipline.
Is the foolishness we are dealing with sometimes day in and day out in our home
the result of something I have spared?
I would really like to see (_____________)
be driven away and out of their hearts and away from our home.
If it involves discipline that I have withheld, Father please
lead me into all truth and help me to have the 
courage to obey.
My heart wants to love well, but my mind and the world
sometimes tell me other ways of loving them well
which usually means letting them have their own way.
Ready my heart this month to learn what it means to love Your way.
Thank You for Your Word that will show me as I open my
heart and mind up to read it and see.
Amen
~Terrie Chevaillier, SkyMom Prayer Encourager

No comments:

Post a Comment