Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Prayer Encouragement: "Why SkyMoms Pray God's Word" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier

Why SkyMoms Pray God's Word

The rain and the snow come down from heaven and stay on the ground to water the earth.  They cause the grain to grow, producing seed for the farmer and bread for the hungry. It is the same with My Word.  I send it out, and it always produces fruit.  It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.
Isaiah 55:10-11 (NLT)


As I encourage SkyMoms to pray God's Word, I thought it might be good to offer a few reminders of why we do that this  week and the weeks to follow.

Praying His Word acknowledges His plan and purpose for our children and gives us the certainty that we are praying His Word over our own limited and sometimes simple plans and hopes for their future or current situation.

His Word brings peace to our hearts and acknowledges His sovereignty as we lay down our mom sovereignty.....acknowledging that the I AM is in charge and knows more than we could left to ourselves.   Peace should come in and chase away anxiety and fretful doing.

When His Word is hidden in our hearts, the Spirit prompts and  guides us with the truth of what to pray.  When a scripture comes to your mind...that is His prompting to believe and stand on that promise or take that course of action.  These moments are not coincidence....they are invitations to pray His Word.

Let's pray Isaiah 55:10-11
Father, thank you for Your Word that is written and available. Just like the rain and snow that refresh and nourish the earth, let Your Word refresh my heart as I lay down the "dry places" in the lives of my children to Your Sovereign care.

Your Word is Your will for my child.  I want to be a mom who agrees with your Word and not my own...or the word of the world.

I want to see all of the sweet fruit in their lives as I cultivate a heart that prays and believes Your Word for them.

You say that when  Your Word goes out, that it will accomplish everything that You want it to.  There is so much amazing truth that I want to watch for as my child grows.  Just like a seed planted in the ground that does not produce an immediate blossom, I desire that my prayers so agree with Your Word that even when I feel the answer is dormant....it isn't.  Even if it takes months or years, I want to believe that as I have battled in prayer Your Word for my children....that I WILL see blossoms and buds that scatter and spread everywhere they tread and touch every area of their lives.

You don't say it sometimes produces fruit....You say it ALWAYS produces fruit.

Lord, I want to trade your Word for my own words.  Lead me to know the truth and then believe it in prayer for my children.

Amen

~Terrie Chevaillier, SkyMom Prayer Encourager

No comments:

Post a Comment