Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Prayer Encouragement: "Talking, Walking, Sitting, Standing, Lying Down= Continually" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier

Talking, Walking, Sitting, Standing, Lying Down= Continually
 These commandments that I give you today are to be on your hearts.   Impress them on your children. Talk about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up
Deuteronomy 6: 6-7

This will be the last prayer encouragement with the sweet little heart picture.
I hope that as you go about loving your children, this picture helps you 
remember scripture that teaches us just how to love them best.
We’ve prayed that we would understand that the little feet are bound 
with foolishness when they are born so they need discipline.   We have prayed about how
we are to teach and train the feet to stay on the right path.
This last encouragement is on just when and where to do that teaching  and training.
Capture the vision of the picture with a father’s hands and a mother’s hands
encircled around the child’s feet with a command to teach and train
while talking, walking, sitting, standing, and lying down.
Let’s pray God’s Word:
Father, thank You that I am not left alone to teach my precious children.
Your commandments written in Your Word direct me and guide me.
I cannot impress them on my children’s hearts if they are not impressed on my own heart.
Show me where I need to grow in the knowledge and truth of Your Word.
Guide me as to how to talk to them in our home.  Help me to use idle time
and capture it for spiritual training.
Help me to take courage and limit social media, and video game time to name a 
few and lead me to take the harder way which requires saying no to the 
world a little bit more so that I can talk to them about eternal things.
Show us what is stealing and taking away our time to talk.
Show us time for walks and help open our hearts for 
great conversation about Your Word.  When we get in the car
in the mornings or on the way home from school, prompt me
in my Spirit to just how I can love them best
while we drive to and from place to place.
Help me to be intentional with the time in the mornings to not only feed them
physical food and pack great lunches, but also to feed them spiritual food that
will sustain them throughout the day.
Where we are too busy for this teaching and training to take place, 
convict our hearts and lead us to Your mercy and grace and to Your way….the best way.
I pray that we would take every opportunity given to lie down with them at the end of the day,  if not for  
Just a minute and focus on Your many blessings throughout the day and then give You thanks and 
praise.
Dear Father, I ask that you bless these times of the day and that nothing would be 
greater to us as SkyMoms than giving out Your Word throughout the entire day.
Amen
~Terrie Chevaillier, SkyMom Prayer Encourager

No comments:

Post a Comment