Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Prayer Encouragement: "This heart and these feet need training" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier

This heart and these feet need training:
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it.
Proverbs 22:6

I feel that this picture captures a thousand words
that I want to encourage SkyMoms to pray for their children this month.
Allow it to imprint in your mind as you seek and pray for 
vision in regards to your parenting.
These little feet and this little heart come with a biblical command:
Who:  the child
What: train
Where: in the way he should go
When:  starting at birth and continuing on
And here’s the promise:
Why: so that when he is old, he will not turn from the Way.
Let’s Pray:
Thank you Father for the little feet and big feet that pitter patter love 
all throughout my house.
Please show me exactly how to train them so 
they will walk Your path here on this earth
until they pass over into Your arms for eternity.
Thank you that Your Word leaves me with all the answers in how to do just that….
TEACH AND TRAIN.
Help me to not assume that it will all be learned and taught in 
church or Christian school
as You tell me that I am to teach them.
Thank you for the promise that comes with that….
I train and they are less likely to stray…
And if they do….I believe they will come back.
What peace this gives us as we send our
children off into the world.
Help us to be SkyMoms who do not fall to the temptation of
worry and fret about their future
because they have been trained 
in the truth and the Word at home…
Lead us to parent with few if not any regrets.
Amen
~Terrie Chevaillier, SkyMom Prayer Encourager

No comments:

Post a Comment