Thursday, May 3, 2012

Prayer Encouragement: "Beauty Is….A Fear of the Lord" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier


Beauty Is….A Fear of the Lord
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the Lord is to be praised.
  Honor her for all that her hands have done,
and let her works bring her praise at the city gate.
Proverbs 31: 30-31

For the last few weeks, SkyMoms have been encouraged
to look at Proverbs chapter 31 as we go to God’s Word
in prayer to love our family and our communities well.
For me personally, a fear of the Lord means 
to fear what my life would be like
if I did not give careful consideration to 
living according to His Ways.
Fear of straying out of the confines of His best for me…and
into my self made best for myself….that phrase even sounds scary.
Charm can mislead, and beauty fades away,
but a mom who fears the Lord is living for eternal things
and that, my SkyMom  friends…..lasts forever.
It is a sure deposit. A deposit that on the other side of 
this temporary world that you will see.
I assume that the reason she would be honored is because
she has committed all that she does with her hands 
to the Lord.
And even better….guess what gets to bring her praise…
HER WORKS…as they will speak for themselves.
No need to boast, post, or promote.
And the works of her hands would include her children….oh how it is 
sometimes tempting to boast. 
Boasting in her own accomplishments or those of her children.
The Lord Almighty will see to it that others take notice of 
what she is doing because it’s  backed up and blessed by HIM!
Let’s Pray God’s Word:
Dear Father, 
Thank you for the reminder that a lot of the things we as moms strive for
is fleeting.  Help us to understand and know what it means
personally for us to fear the Lord.
If we as SkyMoms fear the Lord, I would only hope that we
would be examples in our homes and teach in a way 
that those living in and around us would come to know 
a healthy fear of the Lord as well.
Help us to see just how beautiful that is in Your sight.
After all, You are the object of our affection….not people first and you second.
Thank you that You honor us for all that we put our hands to as we
minister in our homes, schools, churches, and communities.
Save me from myself, please Lord.
From a temptation to boast and praise my self and my family’s 
accomplishments in and around my little city gate.
Work in me a beauty that radiates a life surrendered to
YOU.
Amen
~Terrie Chevaillier

No comments:

Post a Comment