Monday, May 21, 2012

Prayer Encouragement: "Sky Ranch Summer 2012 " by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier


Sky Ranch Summer 2012

I prayed…..so now.
I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.
  So now I give him to the LORD. For his whole life he will be given over to the LORD.
 And he worshiped the LORD there.

I hope that your children are signed up and planning to spend 
a life changing week at Sky Ranch this summer!
I have one working there as a counselor who was originally signed up for the 
first summer session.
He called exactly one day after getting there and shared that he would be staying all summer!
Sad to say that my first reaction when finding this out was a bit selfish…
we were just looking forward to having him all to ourselves for the second part of the 
summer as this past year was his first year away at college.
And we so missed him!
For this child I prayed……
So now…..
I give him to the Lord.
This is not to say that we have not given him to the Lord as we have taught
him and trained him in the truth and love of Christ…we have.
But this time, I felt deeply that I was giving him to the Lord.
And I cannot wait to hear and see what he gets to be a part of this summer.
KINGDOM BUILDING.
Last summer at Sky Ranch, so many children gave their lives to Christ.
I had to think this week…isn’t this just what I prayed for.
A son that would love the Lord and want to give his life for service to His Kingdom.

Let’s Pray God’s Word:
Dear Father, thank you for our sweet children.  I pray that they would all get 
to experience a life changing week at Sky Ranch this summer 
and grow in the knowledge of their Lord and Savior.
Help us as moms to release them with unselfish hands
into Your kingdom for growth and service.
You Lord have granted us children.
We have asked you for them and you have given them to us.
So Now.
Help us to fully let go and give them to You in the seasons of life that they are all in.
Some just little guys going to camp for the first time,
some staying there first time for two weeks instead of one.
Some getting on a bus and heading to Colorado.
And some calling home and hoping they receive our blessing to stay all summer
and love on and encourage campers.
Help us to be SkyMoms who fully give our children to You.
Amen
~Terrie Chevaillier

No comments:

Post a Comment