Monday, January 7, 2013

Prayer Encouragement: "A Promise" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier


A Promise


Once I was young, and now I am old.
Yet I have never seen the godly abandoned or their children begging for bread.
Psalm 37: 25


Turn on the news or read the news and we hear forecasts of doom, gloom, and despair. 
Open up God's Word and read hope, promise, and future. We read promise in the midst of despair. We read truth and it sinks into our hearts. Out of our hearts flow what comes out of our mouths.
SkyMoms want to be beacons of light in the midst of negative talk about the future of our children.
God's promises for our children are not government or media promises. They are sovereign promises from a holy and just God.  His promises are true and His Word will not fail.

Let's pray God's Word:
Dear Father, thank You for Your Word that reminds me and points me to truth.
Help me to know it so I can encourage my children with it.
The psalm of David tells us that he lived long enough to observe the lives of those who loved You and obeyed You....the Godly.
This promise in psalm 37 says that he did not see Your people abandoned.
When media speaks negative, let Your Word be the light we run to and claim.
It does not speak of abandonment. 
My children fall underneath Your umbrella of protection.
They will be cared for because they are Your children.
Thank You that we can rest in this truth that speaks of good and not evil.
Amen
~Terrie Chevaillier

No comments:

Post a Comment