Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Prayer Encouragement: "A Simple Answer" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier


A Simple Answer


All you need to say is simply 'Yes' or 'No'
Anything beyond this comes from the evil one.
Matthew 5:37

Maybe. We'll see. Yes..I'll think about it. Not now....maybe later.
Probably. In a minute. Next week. Next time.

Have any of these phrases ever come out of your mouth behind a 'yes' or a 'no' when what you really wanted to say or didn't want to say but needed to say instead.....was just a simple 'yes' or 'no'?

I can sadly say that these phrases have caused me more displeasure and agony than pleasure over the small amount of time they bought me before having to deliver the real truth....a 'yes' or a 'no'.

I have used these escape phrases with my children.  Sometimes just too distracted busy or tired, I caved to phrases that were laced with hope but disappointed or misled a precious heart to the real truth.

I've used them with friends when I didn't want to say what the Spirit in me was leading me to say....a simple 'yes' or 'no'.  Those instances were moments of people pleasing.

I've used these phrases to support a 'yes' or a 'no' thus digging myself into a hole with my words that was embarrassingly hard to crawl out of.  Extra words that left me wanting to run away before more supporting statements dug the trench deeper.

When we go to God's Word, His truth gives us a simple answer to give out and a very awakening revelation of where the less than simple over use of words come from.

Let's Pray God's Word with our children's hearts in our minds:
Dear Father, thank You for Your Word that gives answers to life's complexities.
Show me where I need conviction and repentance in this area.
Where have I wounded my children's hearts and caused unnecessary disappointment?
Show me where I have misused or stewarded money doing clean up duty with things I promised my children but knew it was money I shouldn't be spending .
You tell me it is simple.  When Your Spirit guides me into all truth....please nudge my heart to obediently answer 'yes' or 'no'.
You Word says that any thing beyond those two words can come from the evil one.
Where is the evil one stealing our time because I have misled people with my words in regards to overcommitting myself or my children?
What relationships or hearts are being damaged because of my unwillingness to be boldly and courageously honest?
Lead me to be a mom that speaks the truth and keeps a word.  Guard my mouth from delivering anything beyond that truth and keep me aware of the evil one.
Thank You for Your Holy Spirit to guide me.
Amen
~Terrie Chevaillier

No comments:

Post a Comment