Monday, August 1, 2011

Prayer Encouragement: "A Sun and a Shield Part 2" by Guest SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier















A Sun and Shield Part 2:














For the Lord God is a sun and shield;
The Lord bestows favor and honor;
No good thing does he withhold
From those whose walk is blameless. Psalm 84:11











Have you ever found yourself tempted around a group of moms
to exalt your children?  It’s around us…the chatter about
the biggest, best, fastest, smartest, or strongest.  It threatens to
undo us and we are tempted to promote our children in conversation.
However, Psalm 84:11 tells us that the Lord bestows favor and honor and I
do not have to….He will.  In The Message version 1 Peter 5:6 says:
So be content with who you are, and don’t put on airs.  God’s strong hand is on
you;  he’ll promote you at the right time.  Live carefree before God; he is
most careful with you.
Let’s pray God’s word regarding these scriptures:
Lord, thank you that you bestow favor and honor.  I acknowledge you
as the One who will do that in my children’s lives.  Show me in what circles I
am tempted to do this regarding my children and lead me to trust you with the
honor that needs to be spoken or given.  Help me to be content with
who they are and who I am.  It is so freeing to know that I do not have
to put on airs about my children regarding their accomplishments
in sports, friends, or academics….just to name a few.  You will promote
them and it will be timed just perfectly.
Today, I can be carefree because You are most careful with them.
Amen
~Terrie Chevaillier, Guest SkyMom Prayer Encourager

No comments:

Post a Comment