Thursday, January 5, 2012

Prayer Encouragement: "Figure It Out in 2012! " by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier


Figure It Out in 2012!
Call to me and I will answer you, I'll tell you marvelous things that you could never figure out on your own. 
Jeremiah 33:3


What are those things that you would just love to figure out about your children? A few that come to mind could be:  Are they in the right school? Should we do public, private, or home school? Why do they seem to change friends often....is the Lord protecting them from unhealthy friendships? And who do I really want them to spend large amounts of time with outside of our family? Sports, after school activities...are we doing too much or not enough? And serving...we should and I want to model this to them, but where...there are so many needs around our community? And if there is a sin struggle that I need to Shepard my child towards freedom from...just which one should that be in this  season of their life and what scripture should I share and teach them to help them break free?

Let's pray God's Word:
Father, thank you that you tell us to call on you.  Your Word then promises that You will answer us.  And then I will get to hear marvelous things that on my own I could never figure out.

I confess to my own effort to try and figure these perplexing things out.  It's tempting to call a friend first, read a book on the topic, seek a professional opinion, worry and doubt, question and drill my child, or punish, or talk it to death.  However, Your Word says that I just need to call on You.

I know I might not receive the answer immediately...and when that is the case, would you please help me to stand and position myself with an expectant heart turned to the voice of Your Holy Spirit first before I seek earthly voices.

This next year, would you show Sky Moms marvelous things which we could never begin to figure out on our own. I am ready to give up my own efforts and surrender them to this promise.  Call. Wait for Your answer.  Stand and expect while I cease trying to figure those things out which have perplexed me all year long.

Show me today and this next year as I pray Your Word for my children.
Amen.


~Terrie Chevaillier, SkyMom Prayer Encourager

No comments:

Post a Comment