Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Prayer Encouragement: "On the Lookout- Waiting for the Answer!" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier

On the Lookout- Waiting for the Answer!
What’s God going to say to my questions?  
I’m braced for the worst.  I‘ll climb to the lookout tower
and scan the horizon.  I’ll wait to see what 
God says, how he’ll answer my complaint.
Habakkuk 2:1
Building on the last Prayer Encouragement from Jeremiah 33:3, 
we prayed that the Lord would show Sky Moms in 2012
those things that we have been wanting to know regarding our children
but just could not figure out on our own.
Maybe you have seen answers….I certainly have as I have 
prayed that verse instead of worry, fret, or trying to dig.  
Love it when I have victory in that and great and marvelous
things that I could not figure out on my own are answered.
One I would like to share that I could not figure out on my own
is in regards to an allergy issue we have been dealing with in my family.
After doctor visits ( I love and appreciate our doctors…they are awesome)
and food avoidances and lots of other attempts at a solution….this reaction would just not go
away.   I decided to pray Jeremiah 33:3 regarding the issue and it became VERY 
clear what was causing it.  I could have worn myself out in my greatest mom attempts and endeavors
to get to the bottom of what even the professionals weren’t even able to answer.
However, after surrender and faithfully praying this verse, we had our answer!
Well…maybe you haven’t had your answer or answers yet.
After praying, you just still don’t know and are getting wearied
and discouraged thinking that “fill in the blank” might always be this way.
In Habakkuk, we are told that he decided to look out for the answer…
This passage tells me that even though he did not know yet…he was EXPECTANT!
Even it is was bad news and something he would rather not hear,
he positioned himself for answers to what God would say.

Let’s pray:
Dear Father, I thank You that You love my child even more than
I can even imagine.  And, you know there are some things
that I have worried over, had anxiety regarding, and even
bouts of anger about.  I confess these things as sin and 
desire to trust You instead of my own attempts to figure things out.
Please help me to position myself on the watchtower of faith.
Help me to praise You and thank You for the answer that is coming.
And Lord, quicken my heart…prepare my heart, and soften my heart
to be able to hear the Holy Spirit speak to me through time in Your 
Word, and more listening than talking in my prayer time with You.
I pray if it  is something that I would rather not hear,
that instead of writing it off as “no way”, or “not my child”,
that I would take it as truth and guidance and act on Your answers.
I’m climbing to the lookout towers and scanning Your vast horizon
For God answers instead of people or world answers.
Thank you that I can trust You, as You Father, are faithful!
Amen


~Terrie Chevaillier, SkyMom Prayer Encourager

No comments:

Post a Comment