Monday, January 9, 2012

Ronda from~ The Family Table, brings us "Breakfast Tacos!"

Happy New Year SkyMoms,
I hope you all have enjoyed a blessed Christmas vacation! It has gone by too fast for my liking and now I am rushing around trying to get my menu planning back on track. 
Our kids don’t start school until Monday so I have a few more days to get it together! Menu planning is one thing that I can do to help ensure a smooth week. I love recipes that can be customized for each person without much effort on my part. 
Starting the day with a hot breakfast can certainly be a challenge during the week, but with a little planning, the kids can grab and go with little effort. These breakfast tacos are a staple in our house. We eat them often and they are always on the camping menu. The majority of this recipe can be pre-made, right down to the bacon. 
Breakfast Tacos


Eggs
Flour tortillas
Bacon, amount to taste (a slice per person)
Cheddar Cheese, shredded
Avocado
Diced onions
cilantro
Potato hash browns
Cooking spray
Light sour cream
Salsa
Salt
Pepper
2 skillets
1 griddle
Make scrambled eggs and set aside. Make hash browns and set aside. 
To assemble:  heat tortilla on griddle until warm, add shredded cheese, scoop of egg, bacon, hash browns, and desired fix ins.



Idea for on-the-go breakfast:  Make the tacos in the evening. Wrap in tin foil and refrigerate. The next morning, put foil wrapped tacos in the toaster oven and heat for about 5 – 7 minutes.  Grab a paper towel and go!
For camping, I wash, chop and store ingredients in individual containers. At the campsite, scramble the eggs and heat the tortillas. Each person can assemble their desired fixins. 
I wish you all a wonderful 2012!
Blessings,
Ronda from….The Family Table

No comments:

Post a Comment