Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Prayer Encouragement: "Moms that work with God and not Against God" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier

Moms that work with God and not Against God

He said, "Why were you looking for me? Didn't you know that I had to be here, dealing with the things of my Father?"But they had no idea what he was talking about.So he went back to Nazareth  with them and lived obediently with them.His mother held these things dearly, deep within herself. And Jesus matured, growing up in both body, and spirit blessed by both God and people.
Luke 2: 49-52 
(The Message)


I love verse 51  where after Mary and Joseph found Jesus and the anxiety subsided over  his whereabouts....it says that she held these things dearly, deep within herself.

Dearly and deep within herself.  God had a plan for this child...His child...Jesus.  He also has a plan for our child as well.  His good and perfect plan.  

See, Mary was catching daily glimpses of just how magnificent this child was. And as she caught those glimpses,  it doesn't say that she got fretful or worried or anxious or struggled with "it's up to me thinking".  Instead, she partnered with God by holding these things dearly and deeply within herself. 
And I cannot help to believe that because of her obedience to hold them where the Word says she held them that this made an impact or a direct result on what happened next!  Verse 52 says and Jesus matured.  He grew up in body, and spirit....blessed by God and people.

Let's Pray God's Word:
Thank you Lord that you have given me one of Your precious children to love and care for.
I come before You today asking for a heart and eyes to catch heavenly glimpses of what you are doing....the bigger picture.
How is it unfolding before me? Where am I anxious?
I want to be a mom that holds things dearly and deeply within myself and work with You and not against You.
The masterpiece is magnificent and  I desire to be obedient to each stroke on the canvas of their life.  I don't want to be a mom that wipes the beautiful colors designed by You  off with harsh words or unbelief or doubt or insists on coloring my plans into the picture over Your choice colors.
Today I desire to ponder dearly and deeply all the things You are doing. And then look expectantly and hopefully as they mature and are blessed by God and people.
Please show me.
Amen
~Terrie Chevaillier

No comments:

Post a Comment