Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Ronda from~ The Family Table, brings us "Potluck Pesto Pasta with Chicken and Sundried Tomatoes"

Today is my final day of med-surg clinical rotation for the year! Can I get an AMEN please!!! The final night is a mix of emotion as we close another small chapter in the journey to Registered Nurse. To show our appreciation to the hospital staff, my group is bringing a potluck dinner. I’m bringing my Potluck Pesto Pasta with Chicken and Sundried Tomatoes. It is what I bring to almost every potluck because it is so incredibly easy and versatile. Then I had this giant epiphany….Why on earth was I not cooking this dish more often for my family? I need easy and versatile more than ever so on the menu it went and the kids and hubs were happy.

Potluck Pesto Pasta with Chicken and Sundried Tomatoes
1 1lb box of pasta of choice
1 -2 small tubs of prepared or homemade pesto
1 small jar of sundried tomatoes packed in oil
1 Rotisserie chicken deboned
Optional: toasted pine nuts and parmesan for garnish
Boil pasta per directions. Chop desired amount of sundried tomatoes (I use half a jar). Debone chicken and chop into small pieces (I use about ½ of a chicken).  Drain pasta and put back in pot. Add pesto (I use 2 small tubs), chopped tomatoes and mix well. Add chicken and gently toss. Pour into a big serving bowl and sprinkle with toasted pine nuts and parmesan cheese.
Serve with a big Italian Salad and toasty garlic bread. 
This makes great leftovers as a cold salad! Can be made with gluten free pasta and tastes just as delicious. Omit chicken for vegetarian option. Also note this is a good pantry meal to keep on hand especially if you have frozen homemade pesto on hand!
Happy Cooking and many blessings to all of you SkyMoms!
Ronda from…The Family Table

No comments:

Post a Comment