Monday, March 5, 2012

Prayer Encouragement: "Why SkyMoms Pray God's Word, Part 2" by SkyMom, Terrie Chevaillier

Why SkyMoms Pray God's Word

Rise during the night and cry out.  Pour out your heart like water to the Lord. Lift up your hands to Him in prayer pleading for your children, for in every street they are faint with hunger. Lamentations 2:19

Do you ever loose sleep during the night over your children? Do you wake up with a situation on your mind and cannot go back to sleep?

Your child might not be faint with physical hunger, however on the streets of this day that our children walk on...they are hungry for truth. Spiritual truth in a world that often opposes it.

This verse says we should pour out our heart like water to the Lord.  Our last encouragement was on Isaiah 55: 10-12 and from it we learned that His Word is the water.

Let's Pour out His Word in prayer for our children by praying Lamentations 2:19.  Let's pray.

Father, I know there have been times that I did not sleep because I was worried about my child.  

I want to be a mom that rises during the night....one that prays for my child and does not lay awake and worry.  I want my sleep to be sweet.

I want to know Your Word and then pour it out like water as I lift my hands and thank You for allowing me the gift of parenting this child and then pleading for the life of this child.  Pleading that they would be so firmly grounded in the seed of Your Word.

Show me where they are hungry.  Hungry for love, truth, friends, rest, fun, vision....I could go on.  Where have they lost their way....show me so I can pour out my heart with the water of Your Word.

As I lift my hands up, I want to exchange worry for worship and praise You for the answers seen and yet to come.

Amen

~Terrie Chevaillier, SkyMom Prayer Encourager

No comments:

Post a Comment