Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Lisa Life Lesson, "Cast Away"!

Please join us in PRAYER for this sweet family!

Come to me all of you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn from me for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.  For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.  Matthew 11:28-30

For the past month, I've been helping out a young family who was called by God to adopt two orphans in Uganda.  Mom and Dad are in Uganda walking through the adoption process, and grandma is living with their 3 young girls, ages 7, 5, and 3.  I'm helping grandma.  I told the 29 year old mom, "If 2 50 year olds can't do the work of a 29 year old, then we've got problems!?"  

I forget how much there is to do for little ones. Baths, lunchboxes, homework, practices, toys, dirty clothes, and then do it all over again the next day.

My perspective this time around is different.  I'm much more calm.  I guess I know it will all be okay.  We'll get it done.  No big deal.  

But when you're in the trenches, it doesn't seem like it will all be okay.  It's all a big deal.  It's all big.  

Jesus asks us to cast our cares on Him.  HE can handle it.  His yoke is easy, His burden light.  

Practice casting today.  Cast away.  Cast away, Mom! Be free of worry and anxiety.  He cares for you.

~Lisa Clark
Sky Ranch SkyMom Parenting Mentor

*You may read about the Knights and their current journey on their blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment